Celebrities and their Pets!

Hilary SwankCelebrities and their Pets!

Miley Cyrus




From everyday people to Celebrities to Presidents, Pets are a big part of North American culture.  Pets are our friends.  Pet owners are always talking about their pets.  It usually makes for a great conversation topic.  Let’s take a look at some Celebrities talking about their pets. 



Question 1:  Do you have any pets?




Celebrities and their Pets!

Halle Berry: Yes, I can't imagine my life without animals. I have two dogs and three cats. Coming home and finding them all lined up at the door waiting for me has got to be one of the sweetest joys of my life.



Question 2:  How many pets do you have?



Miley Cyrus and dog





Miley Cyrus:  I have aaah lots of pets.  I have horses. I have how many dogs do I have. I can’t even count.  Aaah I think like 6 dogs.  I have 2 cats.   I just got a turtle that I found. And I got to keep him.  A turtle. And I have a pet chicken. And a bird. This is my lovebird. I actually have a couple of birds but this one is mine.  So I have lots and lots of animals. And I…we love them.  And we take very good care of them.  And just want to make sure that they are happy cause every animal deserves a good home.



Question 3: What is the name of your pet?



Mariah Carey and dog Mutley



Mariah Carey:  His full name is Jackson P. Mutley, but I call him Jack. He's such a star! He's been in my videos and built up his own fan base.



Question 4: What is your pet like?



Hilary Swank



Hilary Swank: I bring my dogs on set with me, and my little dog Karoo is smart as a whip. She knows where the craft-services [food] tables are, so anytime I can't find her, I know she has found her way to that area. She's a funny dog.















Conversational Speaking Practice Adaptation





Question 1:  Do you have any pets?

Answer 1:  Yes, I can't imagine my life without animals.



Question 2:  How many pets do you have?

Answer 2:  I have aaah lots of pets.



Question 3: What is the name of your pet?

Answer 3:  His full name is Jackson P. Mutley.



Question 4: What is your pet like?

Answer 4:  My little dog Karoo is smart as a whip. (smart as a whip = very intelligent)







Practice Example ideas:



Ex. 1

Question 1:  Do you have any pets?

Answer 1:  Yes, I can't imagine my life without animals.



Question 2:  How many pets do you have?

Answer 2:  I have a dog.



Question 3: What is the name of your pet?

Answer 3:  His name is Marley.



Question 4: What is your pet like?

Answer 4:  My dog is so friendly and smart.



Ex. 2

Question 1:  Do you have any pets?

Answer 1:  Yes, I can't imagine my life without animals.



Question 2:  How many pets do you have?

Answer 2:  I have 2 pets. One dog and a cat.



Question 3: What are the names of your pets?

Answer 3:  The dog’s name is Rusty and the cat’s name is Tiger.



Question 4: What are your pets like?

Answer 4:  My dog is energetic and my cat is cuddly.





Listen to Miley Cyrus Talk about her pets!






 To all the pet lovers out there, Have a great week!



Celebrity English





















Alex
Celebrity English

http://celebrityenglish-alex.blogspot.com/
http://www.myspace.com/browse/people#!/573390781
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100002654569713
https://twitter.com/CelebEnglish
http://www.youtube.com/user/blogalexg
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/edit?trk=hb_tab_pro_top